In 1860, Rev. Dennis O'Driscoll was holding regular preaching services in a brush arbor on the road to Americus from Ellaville, now U.S. Highway 19. Just how long the arbor served as a church is unknown, but the present building was built in 1871 and was so well constructed that only regular care has been needed
. Mr. and Mrs. C. B. Strange, in giving the land, stipulated that no cemetery should ever be established on the land. There is some question for whom the chapel was named, whether the Apostle Andrew or Bishop James O. Andrew, the first Georgian to be elected a bishop and whose slave became an issue in the split of the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1844. The original trustees included F. J. Greene, G. H. Walker, J. H. S. Baisden, O. A. Crittenden and C. B. Strange. Rev. John Marshall served as pastor from 1872-1873. In 1948, under the pastorship of Rev. L. M. Spivey, a Sunday school annex was added. This chapel was on the Ellaville Circuit until 1976, when for a year it was on the Andersonville Charge, before becoming a station church in 1976.