In Sugar Creek Meeting House, 44 persons began this church in 1871. Services were held in the meeting house through the kindness of the Baptists until a building was erected in 1878-1879. In 1910, when the first building was replaced, Rev. Walter Anthony was the pastor. In the early 1930s, a two-story annex was added for Sunday school rooms, a kitchen, and a dining area. Fire in December 1939 destroyed the church with its beautiful stained glass windows and all records. The present building was dedicated in 1942.
A Wesleyan Service Guild was started by the church women in 1942. Sunday school classes began in the 1920s with the Young Adults class formed in 1969. A new Social Hall was completed and dedicated in 1959 by Bishop Arthur J. Moore. In 1971, the church celebrated its 100th anniversary. In the early 1980s, this church was on the Eastman charge. During 2012, the church renovated the parsonage, participated in Meals on Wheels, and the youth had a Live Nativity. In 2014, renovations were begun on the social hall, the children and youth had Vacation Bible School, and the church supported a Cuban mission.
In September 2015, the church planned to launch a Sunday morning Contemporary Service held in the Fellowship Hall and meeting at 8:45 a.m.