The Methodist Church was the first church to be organized in Hawkinsville. Brother McCarroll Peurifoy led the first religious service in 1825. The first church was built between 1825 and 1832 and was occupied until 1857. Then, a deed was secured from Mr. Simon Merritt for the present site. The second building served the needs of the church from 1895 to 1951. The present sanctuary was then built under the leadership of Rev. Frank L. Robertson with the help of Mr. Eugene W. Stetson. The education building and youth center were completed in 1971.
The Mary Culler White Chapel is named for a Hawkinsville missionary who served in China from 1901-1943. The parsonage was purchased in the 1940s and was remodeled in the 1980s. More renovations to the parsonage were completed in 1999, 2004, and 2007. The walls in the narthex of this church are made from wood from the pews used in the Friendship Methodist Church in Dodge County.