On November 3, 1834, Thomas Swain deeded the land on which this church now stands to the trustees, Alexander Carswell, Benjamin Fulsell, C. J. Shelton, Stephen Hubbard, William Alston, Henry Wooten, and Griffen Mizell. The original structure, built in 1812, was made of logs and used as the Telfair County courthouse. In 1924, this building was torn down and rebuilt, but the front of the church was changed so that it now faced Georgia Highway 117. The Masonic Lodge bought the upper story
but was dissolved in 1931. At this point, the upstairs is used for Sunday school classrooms. In 1952, the upper story was removed and, in 1956, two classrooms, a social hall, kitchen, and two restrooms were added. Mrs. Vennie Bishop gave the piano for the social hall. The sanctuary was remodeled in 1968. Stained glass windows were installed and pews from Hahira UMC replaced the original pews. The steeple was built in 1970, by Mr. Roy Jackson in memory of his parents. Lighting fixtures and central heat and air conditioning were added in 1971. Under the pastorate of Rev. C. C. Burdette, a life-sized nativity scene was created from plywood with the help of the MYF, Mrs. Necia Cotter, and Lowery Builders Supply. The annex was remodeled in 1980, which included paneling, painting, and carpet. In 1968, this church received the Town and Country award from the conference. Charge-wide revivals are often held here, as well as UMW monthly meetings.