In 1890, under the shade of a large oak tree, this church was begun. By November 18, 1892, the new congregation was in a neat wooden building; the present building was finished in November of 1927. The first sanctuary with its belfry and bell were torn down so that the new church could be built on the same site. The bricks for this church were hauled to the site on wagons. In 1928, Mt. Zion and Anthony Chapel Churches were on this charge. In the early beginnings of union services between the Methodist and Baptist Churches, each person took his chair and each family a lamp.
The Epworth League for Youth was organized in 1911, the Woman's Missionary Society (now UMW) in 1916, and the United Methodist Men in 1952. In the 1940s, the sanctuary was redecorated and carpeted. In the 1960s, the sanctuary was again redecorated, air conditioning installed, and a piano purchased for the Fellowship Room. A Church School Annex was dedicated in November 1963. The parsonage was dedicated in November 1968. In 1983, the church became a station. The church celebrated its Centennial in December 1990. A new parsonage was dedicated in June 1993. In 2004, the Leslie/DeSoto Charge was reinstated. In June 2010, the church celebrated its 120th anniversary.