The Ideal UMC was formed in the early part of this century. With the decline of two other churches in the area, the Lebanon Methodist Episcopal Church, and the Turner's Chapel Church, there was a need for a church for the people of Ideal. Mr. George P. Brooks and Mrs. W. T. Harden directed the organization of the church on the second Sunday in May 1908. The church began having services in the auditorium of the local schoolhouse, the Ideal High School. The Lebanon Methodist Episcopal Church donated or sold pews, altar furniture, and other smaller items to Ideal. Plans were made to build a permanent structure. On November 14, 1910, Z. C. Aldridge deeded to W. A. Green, George P. Brooks, Thomas S. Brooks, J. C. Tarrer, and W. H. Gardner, as trustees of the Ideal Methodist Episcopal Church. The deed was recorded in Book O, Pages 275-276 in Macon County. Approximately three years later, on November 5, 1913, the congregation hired a contractor from Oglethorpe, J. C. Stephens, to build the church. He began work on the same day. The new building was completed by May 1914, at a cost of $2,060. Remodeling has been completed through the years including in 1953 when a fellowship hall was added to the back of the church. In the early 1920s, Ideal and three other Methodist congregations, Oglethorpe, Pine Level, and Corinth, formed a charge. In later years, Corinth broke away from the group. It then became the Ideal, Oglethorpe, and Pine Level charge.