This church was organized in 1849 and, in 1907, the brick building was erected. Rev. L. A. Hill was the pastor. In the Minutes of the conference for 1907, Vienna received a grant of four hundred dollars from the Conference Board of Church Extension which meant that a new church would "speedily open for service free of debt." In 1919, Rev. Reese Griffin was on the Vienna Charge which had Vienna, Marvin, and Pleasant Valley. In 1940, Rev. J. M. Yarbrough was the pastor to Vienna and Shiloh.
Between 1950 and 1954, the Sunday School Building Annex, including a kitchen and fellowship hall, was added. A new brick parsonage on Hargrove Street was finished. In 1968, a new Social Hall Annex was built. During the early 1970s, the sanctuary was renovated with new pews and carpeting. In 2012, in addition to its other obligations, the church donated twenty thousand dollars to "Unto the Least of His" Ministry which drills water wells in Kenya.