In the 1913 Minutes of the Annual Conference, in the report of the Board of Church Extension, it states that a grant of two hundred fifty dollars is made to Warwick, Worth County, and Valdosta District. This meant that a new building, constructed in 1914, was about to be finished as the money was not granted until the church was "to speedily open for services free of debt." In 1919, Warwick was on the Oakfield Circuit with these churches: Doles, Union, Warwick, and Oakfield; Rev. G. E. Clary, Sr., pastor. This was then the Cordele District. In 1947, the first building was damaged by fire from sparks from the nearby mill and the present building was built on the same site later in the year. Stained glass windows and 4 columns were added. The story is told that Rev. W. E. Hightower, pastor when the first building was being built, walked from the parsonage to the W.D. Etheridge place to pick cotton to pay his part on the new building. In 1967, Warwick became a station.
In 1978, the church acquired the adjoining property which currently serves as a playground with tennis and basketball courts and parking area. Yearly Easter Sunrise services are held here. The church and fellowship hall were connected in 1990 by the addition of more Sunday school rooms, meeting rooms, a nursery and pastor's office. In the late 1990s, the church started a Boat Church lake ministry with services at the Smoak Bridge Marina on Lake Blackshear. The church was Small Church of the Year for the South Georgia Conference in 2005 and 2006. Community ministries include a Prayer Chain group, Back to School Bash which provides school supplies for children in the area, and Fishes and Loaves which provides food and clothing for the needy.