The number of Methodist societies in this area between 1830 and on March 18, 1846, when this church was organized with forty-six members, is not known. Rev. Daniel Fresley was assigned as pastor, and Rev. Jesse Boring, the Presiding Elder, came on horseback every three months to hold "quarterly conferences, for which he received 50 cents for his traveling expenses. He carried all of his books and papers in his saddlebags. Due to changes made by the highway, the location of the church has shifted three times, yet remained in the center of the community. In 1910, the present wooden sanctuary was built. The first classrooms were built in 1949, as "Logan Memorial," in memory of Alonzo Josephus Logan, M.D., a faithful member, trustee, teacher of Bible Class, and Recording Secretary for over forty years. In 1961, a concrete building added more rooms. Concord has been on five circuits, Americus, Sumter, Smithville, Magnolia, and Plains, before becoming a station church in 1976.