Camp meetings held at Coney's Head on Kinchfoonee Creek in the 1850's inspired the organization of Salem Church and the erection of a building in 1857 on land purchased from Thomas Caldwell. When the new church, Brown's Station, was built in 1883, Salem's membership declined and its building was sold to the African Methodist Church. Bronwood Church is of virgin pine cut from the area forests, with a concrete annex added during the 1960's. Because this town is in Terrell County, this circuit was called Terrell Circuit. Bethel, five miles south of Bronwood, was one of the circuit churches; when it closed in 1963, its few members joined with Bronwood. Since 1963, Bronwood has been a half station with Smithville.
On May 29, 1977, the church dedicated a stained glass window, new choir hymnals and a piano. Bishop William R. Cannon gave the sermon. Although the church has had a Sunday School from the beginning, and in the 1970's had "Story Hour" and Vacation Bible School during the week in spring and summer, currently the church has no youth activities. There is a joint UMW with Smithville Church.