A site on Miller Road in Morningside was selected and purchased in the fall of 1952, from S. H. Striplin. East Highland Methodist Church was the sponsor and Rev. Leland Moore, the pastor of East Highland, served as guest speaker. The first service was held on November 30, 1952, under the trees. Rev. Moore later purchased a tent with private donations. Pews were loaned from another church for the tent in February 1953. The church was organized on April 9, 1953, and became a separate pastoral church on May 19, 1953. Rev. Emmett S. Davis, an Emory student, was assigned pastor and there were fifty-nine charter members. Official Board Chairman was J. W. Allen, Sunday School Superintendent was J. B. Russell and President of the Woman’s Society of Christian Service was Mrs. James G. Salter. Additional land was purchased from S. H. Striplin and the groundbreaking for the sanctuary was held inside the tent due to heavy rains. The congregation moved into the present building on Palm Sunday, 1954. The Men's Club organized the same year, and Rev. John McGowan was assigned as the first full-time pastor. The Striplin family donated more land and the first section of the educational building consisting of five classrooms was completed. The second section of the educational building was completed under Rev. Clark Pafford. The renovated sanctuary was dedicated on September 8, 1996, and the stained glass windows were added in 1998. The fellowship hall and kitchen were added during 1972-1976. A homecoming booklet was published and pictorial directory published in 1998. Mother’s Morning Out was created in February 1996. During Rev. Harris's pastorate, the Columbus airport was enlarged and the county bought many homes near the church. The Morningside School located across from the church was closed and some members transferred away. The Youth Building was built in 2005.