Collinsworth was organized prior to 1830, by a band of Methodists meeting at the home of George Menifee. The first church was a log cabin called Menifee's Meeting House. In 1834, a neatly framed house was built two miles east of the original meeting house called Collinsworth Chapel in honor of Rev. John Collinsworth, a former pastor. The present building is the original 1834 building and was dedicated in 1859, by Rev. Lovick Pierce.
Corinth was organized by Rev. James Stockdale, a newly appointed missionary to Talbot and Harris counties in 1828. Rev. Stockdale worked with Josiah Matthews to form the Corinth Church. The original wooden building, dedicated on October 24, 1869, by Rev. R. J. Corley, is still in use.
Collinsworth-Corinth UMC was started in 1965, by consolidating and due to the rapid decline in population in the rural areas. This was approved by the action of the Quarterly Conference in Talbotton with the Rev. Henry Thomas as pastor. The first service of the united church was on August 5, 1965, under the leadership of Rev. James J. McLendon, who served one year as pastor.