This church began in one room, wooden church building on November 27, 1927
. As it was the only church in the community, it was named for the community. The first building of wood was erected between September and October 1927, on the present site. During 1935-1936, the present youth building was constructed, in part, of used bricks. The present sanctuary and offices were built in 1949 and painted white for a period
. They have been returned to the natural brick finish. Rev. Edwin J. Grimes was the first pastor and, in January 1983, the latest educational building was dedicated by Bishop Joel D. McDavid in November 1982. This was named the Edwin J. Grimes Building. In 1957 and again in 1973, this church hosted the annual session of the South Georgia conference. Over 1,000 delegates attended plus visitors and delegates' spouses.