Prior to 1901, the Methodists and Baptists of Georgetown worshiped in the Community Church. In 1900, Mr. R. G. Morris gave the land on which the church was built. This frame building, still in use, was erected in 1901-1902 by Mr. Albert N. Surles. In 1950-1951, Sunday school rooms were added and the parsonage was moved from Springvale to Georgetown. The name of the charge was changed from Springvale to Georgetown. In 1979, a fellowship hall was added. Some of the interesting features of the church are its elaborate, hand-carved, light wood pews and the stained-glass windows. The original chandelier, once kerosene, is now electric.