The church was established in the 1830s. Its present location, west of Talbotton, is the third for the church. The present building was the school building of the Old Farmers Academy which operated in the community prior to the advent of public schools and school consolidation. The earliest records of the church were destroyed by fire in the home of a member in 1927. Olive Branch was for many years part of the Talbot Circuit. In the 1990s, a new addition was added to the original building. The church is currently on the Talbotton Charge.