This church takes its name from the town which was named for J. Abraham Sasser. When this church was organized in 1914, the present brick building was constructed on Main Street. Rev. W. S. Johnston was the first pastor assigned to this new church. Some of the persons making up the first members of this church were members of Chickasawhatchee Church, which had only a few remaining members. Just when that congregation began is unknown. Sunday school rooms and a fellowship hall were built and dedicated in 1958. The sanctuary was remodeled and new pews purchased; this was dedicated in 1965. Recently, an organ has been given as a memorial and a study for the pastor provided as a memorial gift.