This church was organized in July 1910, following a revival led by Rev. McCord, president of a small Methodist college in Mississippi. Under the sponsorship of Rev. R. W. Cannon, pastor of the Midland Charge, the church was constructed about this time on land given by Adger S. Ellison. The church was remodeled in 1952, and Sunday schools added in 1961. More remodeling was done in 1979-1980.