Established in 1827 or before as part of the Hamilton Charge, this church was first located about one and a half miles east of the present town about where the Mt. Zion Church Cemetery stands. First named Mt. Zion Church, it remained active at this location until 1896 when it moved to its present location. The present building was erected in 1948 and dedicated in 1950.