Organized in 1847 at a campground, this church was named for Rev. Robert W. Bigham, pastor of Whitesville Circuit during this time. Rev. Bigham had been instrumental in forming the new church. Property was deeded for Mulberry Methodist Church on June 25, 1847, and the first church was built around 1849. In August, 1883, the church was torn down and moved to the present site, which had been the campground of old Central Church. At that time, the name was changed from Mulberry to Bigham's Chapel.