2020 Virtual Annual Conference Session: Read wrap-up articles, watch archived AC session & worship services

Charing UMC - Northwest


History

This church is believed to have been organized as early as 1886 as the Pleasant Hill Church. The earliest building, a one-room log structure, was used as a church and school and was located on the southwest side of Garrett Pond near the little community of Flem. Flem, which began with the establishment of a cotton ginning business about 1890, became Charing on November 4, 1908. The church was previously part of the Buena Vista and Mauk Circuits.

Location

1713 GA Highway 137
Mauk GA 31058

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.