Organized in 1855, this church was built on land in Muscogee County given by Benjamin W. Clark to the Methodist Church and the Kimbrough Lodge of the Masons. In 1925, on the 70th anniversary, the Columbus Ledger recalled that the men of the community gathered at 6:30 a.m. and after Bible reading and prayer began to work. "At six p.m. with gratitude and delight, they looked at the strong framework of their house of worship." Dr. Lovick Pierce dedicated the church on the second Sunday in August 1855, and "gave them a spiritual feast of nearly three hours." The first pastor was Rev. Leonard Rush. After 91 years, in 1946, work was begun on the present colonial style white brick building which included sanctuary, classrooms, fellowship hall, and kitchen. A generous gift from Dr. J. C. Wooldridge and the support of the membership made the building possible. Many original sills from the old church were used in the new building, as well as the original heart pine flooring. The architect, Mr. James Biggers, was still a member of the congregation in 1984. In 1992, the new parsonage was dedicated.