This church can truly be dubbed a "church on the move." Since its formal organization in 1894, although mentioned in South Georgia Conference records as far back as 1861, and the donation of land in 1886 by Emanuel Ritch, it has been relocated four times, renovated at least that many, and sold in 1982 and built from scratch in its present location. Originally, the church was located three miles south of Upatoi on Moore Road and known as the New Methodist Church. The first minister was Mr. Snow. Two years later it was moved to Macon Road across from its present location on land given by S. H. Jenkins. At that time it was used for services on Sunday and a school during the week. Around 1900, a lawyer from Philadelphia built Liberty Hall for his winter home and at the same time built and gave a church at that location until 1982 when it outgrew it. New construction began on a sanctuary/fellowship hall with nine classrooms, kitchen, and nursery that was consecrated in May 1982.
The church was Church of the Year for the Columbus District in 1958 and 1982 and part of the Circuit of the Year in 1969. After many years on the Midland Charge, the church became a station church in 1991. The church celebrated its Centennial in May 1994. In 1998 it was moved to the Upatoi/Box Springs Charge. In 2000, the church added a family life center and education wing and expanded the sanctuary. Over the years the church has served as a polling place for elections, sponsored Boy Scout troops, and holds charge-wide youth activities on Sunday nights. It is currently still a station church.