Adrian United Methodist Church was organized in 1896, with four members. The first building was a simple, wooden structure with a wide porch, columns and two front doors. Rev. Marion Wright served as the first pastor. In 1935, the original building burned and was rebuilt at the same location in 1936. The new building was of similar architecture, but with only one front door. In 1954, a Fellowship Hall was added and a few years later an educational building.
The church has a very active UMW Unit on the Adrian Charge and holds Sunday school classes. The church Centennial year was celebrated in 1996.