The earliest available record of Methodist history in Alamo indicates that Judge John McRae of Alamo, Montgomery County, gave the land for the building of the church in 1898. The church was built of lumber, sealed throughout. Rev. Euston Clements is believed to be the first pastor. The first parsonage was constructed in 1914. In the early 1920s, the church was remodeled, brick veneer and Sunday school rooms added. Rev. R. W. Canon was pastor at the time and his wife worked diligently to raise funds for the remodeling. Unfortunately, she died before it was completed and the work was named in her memory: The Rebecca Canon Memorial Church. A new parsonage was constructed in 1945-1948. A Hammond Organ was donated in 1961. In 1962, the church was "Church of the Year" for the Americus District. An educational building was added in 1964. Stained glass windows were added in the 1960s, and in 1973. The church is now in Wheeler County.
The church was also "Church of the Year" in 1985 for the Dublin District. The UMYF meets weekly and there is a children's choir also. In 1985 the church merged with Bay Springs and became Alamo UMC. A major renovation of the Parsonage was completed in 1993, along with a pictorial directory, which was a major project of the Night Circle.