In the area of Bruton Creek, a community grew to be called Brewton. In 1889, a small frame church was built there and used by both Methodists and Baptists. But, in 1895 the Methodists organized and built a separate frame building. This building was blown down in 1921, replaced, and then torn down in 1936 to make way for the present brick building which was dedicated in August 1969 by Rev. Edward H. Carruth, the District Suprintendent. The Parsonage was destroyed by fire in the 1960's. In 1966, Brewton Charge was named Charge of the Year.
Members gave donations each fourth Sunday to fund building improvements including adding a recreation room with tile floor, bathrooms, a study for the pastor, new windows, and hard wood floors.