This church began in 1820 and was named after the founder and first minister, Warren Key
. The earliest members worshipped in a brush arbor and then a log cabin. In 1888, Burrell Kea, eldest son of Warren Key, gave seven acres for the new church building. Since Burrell's name appeared on the deed and he had changed the spelling of his name, the church was known as Kea's Church. This wood frame church, built in 1888, is still in use. The Key/Kea family reunion in 1962, established a permanent organization for administering funds to preserve the church and historic cemetery and to erect a monument to Warren and Pollie Beasley Key. There have been twenty-two ministers among the descendants of Warren Key.