This church is in the Moxley Community and first met in a wooden structure. The present building was constructed in 1885. It has been on the Bartow Circuit through the years. In 1919, Rev. W. F. Burford had Bartow, Moxley, Parker's Chapel, Oak Grove and New Hope. Rev. J. W. Hancock had been the pastor of the Bartow Circuit including Moxley, New Hope, and Pleasant Springs for six years in 1940.