In Jefferson County, between Bartow and Louisville, is a parcel of land given by Mr. Parker and known as Parker's Chapel. The church was begun about 1860 and was also used as a school when first built
. The congregation still meets in the original building although, in 1910, it was moved closer to the road. Pews were bought to replace hand-hewn pews and the front of the church was changed.