Between 1870 and 1875, a church called Pre-Domina was organized about a mile from Lovett, Georgia, out in Laurens County. In 1899, the church was relocated to Lovett. Twice during the construction at this new site, tornadoes blew the church down. The church officials decided God was not pleased with this location and purchased another lot from Mr. A. B. Rogers. The original structure was a one-room thirty foot by fifty foot wooden building. During the 1930s, the church experienced a decline and the building fell into very poor repair. By the 1950s, a rebirth occurred, and a real interest in repairing the church was taken. One method used for securing funds was called "God's Acre." Three acres of land were given for cultivation. The Sunday school superintendent prepared the ground and planted cotton. The Woman’s Society of Christian Service did the chopping and hoeing. Two hundred thirty-two dollars were realized from the project as well as the restoration of the Lovett Church.
In 1977, the church added air conditioning in the social hall and main auditorium, a bathroom, a front porch, and painted the exterior of the church. In 1979, the church had an active UMW and MYF, both meet once a month, and a weekly Prayer Meeting
. During the early 1980s, some Sunday school rooms were remodeled and carpet added.