Grace UMC (Vidalia) - Northeast


History

Grace Church is an outgrowth of Vidalia FUMC. The Irwin Hall property was purchased by the Conference Board of Mission and Church Extension, and the first service was held in a trailer on May 5, 1968. On June 2, 1968, the congregation was formally constituted as a church. Rev. Tom Bowen was the first pastor. Charter Day was held on September 29, 1968, with 105 members signing. Services were held in the trailer until May 1970, when the building was ready to be occupied. The trailer continued to be used for Sunday school. In 1982, a wing was added for office space and additional Sunday school classrooms.

Location

1200 Aimwell Road
Vidalia GA 30474

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

735 Pierce Avenue - Macon, GA 31204

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-475-9286

Administrative Office

520 Professional Drive, Suite 1 - Macon, GA 31201

PO Box 13145 - Macon, GA 31208

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.