In 1905, this church was organized by Rev E. C. Wills as pastor
. According to the 1905 Minutes of the Conference, Garfield was a circuit with three preaching places, but only two houses of worship. It had one Epworth League with ten members, three Sunday schools with eighteen officers and teachers with 183 pupils. It had one Foreign Missionary Society with sixteen members, one Home Missionary Society with four members, and twenty-nine people who joined on profession of faith. Ten adults were baptized, thirty-two joined by certificate and ten were removed. They had no parsonage and owed $65 on one of the houses of worship.
In 1907, Mount Pleasant was added to the charge and, in 1908, Pleasant Hill was added. In 1910, Pleasant Hill and Sidney were lost. In 1920, Mount Pleasant was lost, but Canoochee and Miley were added. In 1921, Pleasant Hill returned and Rock Hill w
as added. Micheal and Kay Parrish donated funds for carpet, the social hall building, and parking lot in memory of Mr. and Mrs. Clint Dobson in 1980. In 1997, the interior of the church was painted, a new sound system installed, the church had an active choir and youth program, and there were an interdenominational prayer/study group and a prison ministry.