In 1828, a group of Methodists met at John Morrison's place. The building was a log house and was used for a school and meeting house. They called this church Morrison's Church after the Morrison Hill Settlement. Later, they moved a half a mile and changed the name to Glenwood. The Akron frame church burned in 1925, and the congregation met in the storeroom of a brick building. They held tent revivals on the O'Quinn property. The present building was finished in 1931. It is a large, brick building with stained glass windows. A fellowship hall has been added.