This church was formed in Toombs County about 1890, when All Souls Church, located near Jordan's Bridge, and Bascom Church, one mile north of Lyons, were united. The church was added to the Higgston Circuit and the pastor was Rev. D. F. Miles. The first building, erected near the present site, was destroyed by wind about 1894. The church was soon rebuilt and faced North Lanier Street. In 1922, the wooden frame structure was turned around, wings added and brick veneered under the leadership of Rev. Herbert Ethridge. The present church structure was begun on March 17, 1975, with the building of Sunday school classrooms. Construction of the sanctuary began November 1975 and was completed November 1976.
In November 1990 the church celebrated its Centennial and church members dressed in period fashions. The Social Hall was completed in June 1996. In December 2013, the church opened the Wings of Hope Thrift Store as part of the Wings of Hope Missions Outreach Center which also includes a food pantry. All proceeds fund the church's local mission’s ministries.