This church was organized on March 18, 1876. John Wesley Sandeford, Robert H. Burton, and Augustus
J. Sconyers were among the organizers. The first building, erected in 1878, was a simple rectangular shaped structure with clapboard siding. The building remained unchanged until it was renovated from 1932-1939. Mr. Ralph Herman Sandeford was the architect and supervisor for the extensive project. The pulpit was moved from the east end to the west end, the upstairs rooms, vestibule, and downstairs classrooms were added. The church was also brick veneered, pews were added, and stained glass windows were installed. The altar rail and ornamental work were done by Mr. Willie Smith
. The fellowship hall was built in 1976, but not dedicated until 1981. A monument was dedicated to Young John Allen, a missionary in this area, on November 28, 1997. In 2000, membership had reached a low point and a decision was made to reach out to the community in hopes of saving the church. By 2002, the population was up and Midville won the Town and Country Charge. The time for worship services was changed from 9:30 am and coffee and sweet rolls were offered after church. The first Men's Club was started in 1977 and was still active in 2004.