This church was organized around 1908 when several smaller church
es were closed. These parent churches were Salem, Harmony, Mt. Zion and Minter. Rockledge, so named for the rock ledge that runs through the town, is geographically about the center of all these former churches. The first building was constructed around 1908, by Mr. William H. Smith, formerly of Salem. The present building was designed by Rev. C. Glenn. The church has a very distinctive feature with a large cross in the ceiling. The aisle ceiling is the standard and the wings form the crossbar. This building was constructed from 1938 to 1940. The old church, the parsonage, and an abandoned Baptist church provide the building materials. Through the years the church has continued to make improvements including brick veneer and a steeple.