A lot was given by the M. D. & S. Railroad for the site of the church and, in 1908, a Methodist church was completed. In 1924, this church was sold and a new site was selected on land that was given by Mr. W. E. Wade. The church built at this time was used until 1958, when the present sanctuary was built
. Many members contributed items for the new building including Mrs. W. G. Thompson, Mrs. Phil Taylor, the Green family, Carolyn Hodges and Ruth Smith. The new sanctuary was dedicated on April 23, 1961, with Rev W. R. Woodall preaching the sermon.