On December 10, 1909, land was deeded to the Trustees for a Methodist Church in Uvalda. The deed was put on record January 31, 1911. The first pastor was J. F. Yancey. The church was on the Cedar Crossing Circuit. The first building was erected in 1915. It was a wooden frame structure containing a sanctuary and three small Sunday school rooms on the side. The building was located on the corner of Myrtle and Warren Streets. The building was dismantled to make room for the second building in 1953. Much of the material in the first church was used for the framing in the new building. The present building is of brick and includes a sanctuary, large recreation room, six classrooms, pastor's study, and kitchen. A steeple was added to the church in 1967 and stained-glass windows installed in 1976. In 2003, the church celebrated its fiftieth anniversary in their church building.