This church was organized on March 13, 1908, in a home. There were eleven members. Rev. Coleman was the first pastor. The original building, built in 1916, is still in use. In 1919 Vidette Circuit was in the Dublin District with the following churches: Vidette, Keysville, Clark's Chapel, and St. Clair; Rev. C.L. Rogers, pastor. In 1940, Vidette was with Louisville and in 1963 in the new Statesboro District. The Vidette Charge included Vidette, Clark's Chapel, Green's Cut, and Friendship; Rev. C.L. Mincey, pastor.
In 1963, Vidette Charge was named Charge of the Year for the Statesboro District. In 2003, the church participated in community-wide Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas programs. They also had a twenty-four hour Prayer Chain, a puppet show for kids and helped sponsor a Christian Biker's Rally for community kids and a community non-UMW Women's Group.