In November 1903, Rev. C. A. Norton was appointed the new pastor for the Hinton Charge, North Macon District. The charge was composed of Mt. Moriah church and campground, Keysville, Clark's Chapel and Lofton. With the backing of the members of Lofton Methodist Episcopal Church, South, Rev. Norton organized 49 charter members on February 6, 1904. In November 1904, S. A. H. Stephens, W. L. Parish, and J. W. D. Young were appointed as a building committee. The Lofton church property was sold and a loan is given by the Church Extension Board so that a sanctuary could be built in Wrens. The land was the former home of the Elton Huff family and was purchased by the trustees from S. M. McNair. The first quarterly conference was held in 1905, the first stewards were S. A. H. Stephens, W. L. Parish and M. B. Futrell, and Professor C. C. McCollum was the first Sunday school superintendent.
The first parsonage for the Hinton Charge was built in Matthews so that it might be near the Mt. Moriah church and campground. This parsonage grew old and the Quarterly Conference voted to build a new parsonage in Wrens. W. L. Parish, H. R. Farmer, and J. B. Clark were appointed as a building committee. It was completed by November 1910 and painted white with red trim
. In 1953, this parsonage was sold and a new, brick parsonage built. The trustees during this time were T. C. Ellis, C. W. Gay, A. F. Pennington, R. E. Atwell, J. L. Thompson and C. P. Wren. The building was dedicated on January 12, 1954, by the Rev. J. Frederick Wilson. During the pastorate of Rev. Cecil Ruffin, three rooms, a bath and central heat and air conditioning were added.
The first Sunday school rooms were built in 1938, under the pastorate of Rev. C. E. Smith. During the pastorate of Rev. W. H. Hurdle, the two-story, brick annex was built. A Day of Destiny was held and $17,131 was raised in one day for this project. The cornerstone was laid in 1956 and dedicated by Bishop Arthur J. Moore on May 5, 1957. The fellowship hall was added in 1966, and the stained glass windows installed during the pastorate of Rev. J. A. Cook. In 1950, a Hammond organ was purchased and, in 1970, the UMYF built and furnished the pastor's study.