This congregation was first called Caroline's Chapel after Caroline Sharpe. They began meeting in 1900, under the oak trees. Then, they built a wooden structure. The name was changed to Alston after the town. The same 1900 building is still in use after remodeling and brick veneering. In 1919, Rev. J. M. Hancock served as pastor to Alston and five other churches on the Uvalda Circuit. This circuit was in the McRae District and later became part of the Dublin District. In 1968, Alston became part of the John Wesley Memorial Circuit with Cedar Crossing, Smyrna, Charlotte and Sharp Memorial.