2020 Virtual Annual Conference Session: Read wrap-up articles, watch archived AC session & worship services

Charlotte UMC - Northeast


History

In the quiet settlement of Charlotte, stands a proud little country church, which is one of the five churches on the John Wesley Charge. The first church was built in 1910 and has been the backbone of the community. The land was donated by Mr. Farquar Adams. When the church was organized, there were thirty-six members, including Cuyler Mosley, C. F. Gordon, and Will Gordon. C. F. Gordon was the first Sunday school superintendent. By 1915, the church blew down and the old school building was used for services until the church could be rebuilt. The present church was built in 1925, with lumber and material donated by the people of the community.
 
In 1965, the present Sunday school was organized with Donald Clark as superintendent. The front porch of the church was added in October 1965. Three Sunday school classrooms and restrooms were added in 1966. New pulpit furniture and pews were donated in 1975. 

 

Location

100 Chapp Circle
Uvalda GA 30473

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.