Moore's Chapel originated from a small Methodist church situated on the property of Jasper Smith. The church was moved to its present location on May 17, 1894. Nathan Garnto deeded the acre of land upon which the church stands for $1 on July 15, 1911. T. B. Logue and Martha Wombles later deeded 1.5 acres for the church and school for ten dollars. In the beginning, Moore's Chapel has been on the Wrightsville Charge, which supplied local preachers. Rev. Chas. A. Moore was the first regular preacher and, for this reason, the church is named for him. In 1914, Moore's Chapel transferred from the Wrightsville Charge to the Kite Charge with Rev. Pompey Flanders as pastor. A new church building was completed in the summer of 1959, with the remaining debt being paid off in November 1965. To celebrate this occasion, a special service was held on April 24, 1966, in which members presented the church building to be dedicated to the glory of God and the service of men. The sanctuary was renovated in 1976, with the interior being a beautiful bone white with natural wood benches and wine-colored carpet. The yards were landscaped with a flower bed being dedicated in memory of Lucille Webb Lawrence, a beloved member who had recently passed away. The church also installed central heat and air conditioning and added a shelter over the back entrance.
Moore's Chapel has observed many special occasions including hosting appreciation dinners in honor of Velma and Paul Perkins, and Virginia and Howard Brantley. A Homecoming service was held on April 29, 1990, to honor the memory of Mr. and Mrs. J. L. Rowland. During this service, the stained-glass windows, which were donated by their children, were dedicated in their memory. Buford Boyd Pollett and Joel Ashcraft were honored to receive the rank of Eagle Scout and a 50th-anniversary celebration was held for Buford J. and Mary Elizabeth Pollett.