Pearson's Chapel is located in the southwestern part of Tattnall County between the Ohoopee and the Altamaha Rivers. The church was named after Elizabeth Richardson Pearson. It was organized in 1868, under the leadership of Rev. W.M.C. Conley. The original building is still in use and in good condition. They used big pine trees that had never been drained of turpentine. The boards are two inches thick and eight inches wide.
The Uvalda Charge was elected District Charge of the Year in 1971 for the Dublin District. The church got electrical service in 1985, and, in 2009, still did not have running water or central heat/air. In 2004, church services were the first Sunday of each month.