Covid-19 Update from the Bishop & Cabinet: Watching carefully the rise in COVID infection rates

Sharpe's Chapel UMC - Northeast


History

With eighteen members meeting in a brush arbor and Rev. John T. Sharpe officiating, this church was organized in 1881. The church was named after its first pastor. The first sanctuary was a wooden structure built in 1882, and the second was a larger frame building. During a high wind, this church was lifted off of its foundation. Members agreed that the Lord wanted the church in its new location and so they lifted up the side touching the ground, brought the pillars from where they had been and put them in the new location. The present building was built in 1926.

 

Location

262 Johnson Corner Rd
(Tomlin Road & Highway 178)
Lyons GA 30436

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.