Although this church was organized in a brush arbor at the home of D. C. Walker in 1866, its first building, built in 1868, was jointly owned by the Methodists, Baptists, and Presbyterians. Rev. T. C. Curtis, the pastor of the Hawkinsville Circuit, was assisted by Rev. E. A. Burch, a local elder of Hawkinsville, in the formation of this church. They began with seven members and, by 1868, had bought property. The present building was erected in 1916. A new parsonage was built in 1951 and dedicated by Bishop Arthur J. Moore. The ground was broken in 1955, and the educational building completed and furnished during the pastorate of Rev. Allen V. Johnson in 1962. At first, this church was on the Hawkinsville Circuit, but in 1883 the Cochran Circuit was formed. The members of Antioch, located four miles north, have merged with Cochran FUMC and their building was sold during 1982.