On ten acres of land in Wilkinson County given by Bryant B. Wood and Rachel Smith, a log church was built in 1848. This church, parsonage, and several cabins were destroyed by fire. The second church of undressed lumber and
unceilinged was built. In 1886, a third building, from timber sawed by Mirabeau Lamar Byington and constructed by Anderson McMuller, was finished. Classrooms and a fellowship hall were added in 1970. On Sunday afternoon, September 21, 1975, this building burned to the ground. Rebuilding began quickly. Homecoming was held in tents that year. Three months later the first services were held in the new building. On March 21, 1976, it was dedicated. In 1919, Laurel Grove was on the Irwinton Circuit and, in 1940 and 1968, on the Gordon Charge.