Longstreet UMC - North Central


History

In 1812, the first cross-state road from Augusta to just below the present city of Columbus was opened and called the Federal Road. It was very narrow, two stagecoaches had difficulty passing, and stumps stood in the middle of the road. That section of the road that ran between Hawkinsville and Milledgeville was called Longstreet Road, hence the name of the church and its location. This church was organized in 1812. Although no date is given for the construction of the present building, it is the original one. Its brick foundation and brick floors indicate its early date.
 
In 1955, two large rooms were added on the back and used for Sunday school. In 1974-1975, a deep well pump and restroom were added. Central heat/air and a handicap ramp were installed in the 1990s. In 1971, the church was on the Cochran Charge. In 2011, Sunday services were at 9:00 am every Sunday and Bible Study with dinner held every Wednesday night.

Location

Longstreet Road
Cochran GA 31014

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

735 Pierce Avenue - Macon, GA 31204

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-475-9286

Administrative Office

520 Professional Drive, Suite 1 - Macon, GA 31201

PO Box 13145 - Macon, GA 31208

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.