Membership for this church grew out of the membership of Hickory Grove Church, located several miles away. The organization date for this church is thought to be 1892 because the land for the church building was deeded to the trustees by the
Jeter family during this year. The first building, a small frame structure, was struck by lightning and destroyed. In 1910, brick was ordered for a new church, but when the railroad car of brick came, the members could not agree on where to locate the new church. It looked as if the railroad would take the brick back when Rev. E. E. Gardner, the pastor, and Jere Dean Grace, a member, unloaded an entire lot of brick
. The pulpit was presented by Rev. C. D. Herrington in memory of his wife, Lorine M. Herrington, in 1969.