Irwinton UMC and Toomsboro UMC merged to form this church.
grew out of the camp meetings held at Big Sandy Campground in the 1820s. Big Sandy Creek in Wilkinson County was the annual meeting place for Methodists in this area. This church was one of a circuit of "preaching places" with Rev. James B. Payne as the first pastor. In the 1899 Minutes, Rev. S. A. Hearn was assigned to Irwinton Charge, North Macon District. He had 4.5 houses of worship with 292 members and a parsonage. In 1917, Rev. C. C. Boland was the pastor and the Irwinton Circuit had the following six churches: Irwinton, Toomsboro, Poplar Springs, Red Level, Salem, and Laurel Branch.
Toomsboro UMC started in 1904 when a deed was given for land o
n which to build a school and church. The school building was erected and used for church and Sunday school until 1907 when a one-room building was built
. On April 5, 1908, 41 members were welcomed into the church. A large number of these were transferred from Poplar Springs, four miles away
. Rev. Hamp Stevens was the first pastor and the church was placed on the Irwinton Circuit. In 1928, the old building was replaced by the present building which was permastoned in 1959, enclosing the porch for a vestibule. At this time, the windows were also replaced. The ladies of the church so wanted the carpet that they financed the purchase and did the work themselves. In 1968, the activities building was added.