Thomas G. Hill gave four acres of land for a church. Built in 1876, in Twiggs County, this church was named for the daughter of Colonel Daniel G. Hughes, who, with the Cool Spring Masonic Lodge, helped to build this two-story church building. The Masonic Lodge was to use the second floor. Lucy Chapel was on the Cochran Circuit until 1923, when it was placed with Jeffersonville as an afternoon appointment. In 1940, it was part of the Jeffersonville Charge with Prospect, Jeffersonville, Rosebud and Beech Springs. As of 2017, the church was on the Twiggs County Charge.